Huzzah! New question in the inbox! This one was asked anonymously:
When are you going to post something again?
Yikes, so somebody has noticed that it’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. The good news, is that I’m going to post something again right NOW!
The bad news is that it’s going to be one of those “this is why I never post” posts.
So here’s why I’ve been two busy to write:
- KP – did y’all remember that I have a kid now? I’m too busy watching her be adorable.
- Selling our house – It’s not a done deal, yet, but pending a successful appraisal on Monday, we will be selling our home by the end of the month.
- Packing – So since we’re moving, I’ve been thinking a lot about packing up all my stuff. I haven’t actually started packing, but I’ve been thinking about it (which means I’m not thinking about blogging).
- Buying a new house – we’re trying to find a house to buy, and it’s not going well. The first problem is that most of the houses that show up on the MLS listings are already sold. We’ll send a list of a dozen houses to our realtor to schedule showings and she’ll tell us that all but one of the houses has already been sold pending inspection. We’re a little surprised, since we’ve been hearing so much about how it’s a buyers market and how everybody is having a hard time selling, etc. This has only partially been our experience so far. There are a lot of houses that have been on the market a long time, but the ones we’re interested in buying have been selling very quickly. Also, the cheapest houses are definitely in Minneapolis, but the best value (on houses, not neighborhoods) is definitely in the ‘burbs. That’s disappointing.
- Find Temporary Housing – We’ll probably be officially homeless for at least a month between the time we sell and the time we are able to buy, so I dunno what we’ll do in the mean time. We’ve been trying to figure that out. Stay with friends? Extended stay hotel? Also, where are we gonna store all of our stuff while we move?
- PE Exam – The Professional Engineer exam is very important, and it’s happening in October. It’s the test that makes me an actual engineer, rather than just some guy who claims to be an engineer. I’m basically being tested on all sorts of stuff that I learned during my undergraduate time at BYU, but haven’t thought about since. I have to re-learn 4 years of college in about 2 months. This test will pretty much decide whether I am a worthwhile person.
Any one of these things on their own wouldn’t really be a big deal, but all of them together is a giant stress-fest.
So that’s what’s keeping me busy. How about you? What’s stressing you out lately?
Any more questions?
Ask Me Anything!!!