Mel and I have been doing some last-minute touch-up projects around the house before we put it on the market. Hopefully, we’ll have it on the market by next weekend. Here’s a handful of Miscellaneous we’ve been up to:
I blogged once before about this stair landing.
I’ve blogged before about our bicycle-themed kitchen. Previously, we had pulled off some of the old mouldings, painted them red, and put them back on. Unfortunately, a lot of them were cracked and just generally in crummy shape. We should have replaced them last time, but we didn’t. So we did it now.
Turns out, it’s hard to install mouldings on walls that are all wonky curvy…
So only my longest of readers will recall when we did some bathroom reconstruction back in early 2009. We finally got around to finishing the last task, which turned out to be way easier than we were expecting. Back in 2009, we had been a little bit sloppy cutting out the holes for our recessed lighting canisters because the fixtures we were planning to use had huge overlap to cover it up. Turns out though, the dude at Home Depot had sold us the wrong canisters for the fixtures we wanted to use, so we had to switch to fixtures that weren’t nearly as generous in covering blunders. So for the past year, this huge gap between the light fixture and the edge of the ceiling has been visible. But we finally got it patched and painted. The bathroom project is finally done!
So that’s about it. That’s what we’ve been up to.